Instead of focusing on self, the community member’s camera/mic is be pointed at someone else in the community to ask questions from the question bank.
These contributions may also serve as future story ideas for student reporters at Philadelphia Neighborhoods, or other journalism classes at Temple University’s Klein College of Media and Communications.
For those who wish to become more familiar with the practice of journalism and reporting, we suggest learning more using the following free online educational tools:
- American Press Institute: Journalism Essentials
- EdX: Journalism courses (free)
- Coursera: Journalism courses (free)
- Alison: Journalism courses (free)
- Coursera: Photography Basics and Beyond (free)
- Alison: Introduction to Digital Photography (free)
Upon successful completion, a community member can speak with our editor and gain access to the next set of reporting options.